Hello, again! Yeah. I am just as surprised to be back and posting again, but here we are. I’ll be rolling out a post about how absolutely crazy the last half of the year was. It’s the end of the year and according to my Goodreads, I have read 95 books which is a feat considering my goal was only 45 books.
My main goal this year was to get back into reading actual books. The last couple of years I mostly read unpublished novels and fan works, and so I missed a lot of really good books and I wanted to dive back in. And dive in, I did. I read so many interesting and well developed characters and plots and worlds this year, and it has been incredibly immersive. I learned a lot about myself through what I was reading, like what I actually like to read. My goal for the next year is much of the same: read for the enjoyment of reading.
Here is a list of books I absolutely adored. Some of them you will recognize from reviews I did in the first half of the year and some will be new. They are listed in no particular order. In bold will be my top five favorite (published) books of the year, also in no order. Let me know in the comments if you want me to do a more in depth review on any of these. I would be happy to! Without further ado, let’s jump in. My favorite books of 2017 are:
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- Missing You, Metropolis by Gary Jackson
- The All For the Game series by Nora Sakavic
- At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- What Lies Between Us by Nayomi Munaweera
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
And that’s it folks! Be on the look out for my next post if you want to know where I disappeared to and why I am back. It should roll out before the new year. I may also be putting out a list of my favorite spoken word from this year as well. My Goodreads is here, if you want to be friends.
I hope you all had a lovely and productive 2017. What were some of your favorite, and least favorite, books you read this year?